An integral part of customizing your wood is getting the wood pieces right. Before you start designing your wood, the first step you take is trimming them. Coming from a woodworker, if my woods are not trimmed minutely, the entire design just falls apart.
A wood planer is a tool that is light in hand and smoother your wood just fine. One such planer is Makita KP0810 Electric Hand Planer. I recently bought it off Amazon.com and boy has it helped me get someone the best wood designs yet. Further is detailed information about what you can and cannot expect out of Makita KP0810. The article is centeredaround the superlative features, pros, and cons of this planer.
- Dua blade cutter heads (RPM 16,000) for fast material removable.
- Planes up to 3-1/4″ wide and 5/32″ deep in a single pass.
- Chips can be easily ejected from both sides of the tool for greater convenience.
- On/off button approachable comfortable for either side of the tool.
- Easy to read scale and click stop in 0.1mm increments on depth adjustment knob for accurate depth measurement.
- Blade Gauge Assembly (123062-2), Wrench (782209-3), Guide Rule (122785-9), Depth, Guide (342390-8), Blade Set (D-46246), Dust Bag (122793-0).
- Comes with blade gauge assembly, wrench, guide book, depth guide, and last
- 75 pounds in weight with rubberized handle and 11.4 x 6.6 x 6.9 inches in dimension.
- Less weight more power (7.5 AMP motor; 7.3 lbs).
- Spring-loaded stand elevates the base to protect the blades and work piece.
- Strong die-cast aluminium housing supports planer drum.
- Front base with 3 chamfering groove options: approximately 1.4mm, 3mm and 4mm.
- The return and replacement policy are very intact. If you are not satisfied with Makita KP0810 7.5 Amp 3-1/4-Inch Planer the makers help you with either a return or a refund. This warranty holds only if you claim it within 30 days of purchase.
- Additional 1-year warranty on parts.
- Lightweight and smoothly glides through the woods.
- Compact design makes the power button and depth knob comfortable and convenient to approach from both sides.
- The excellent power output negates the use of excess manual pressure and works effortlessly.
- The company brings in more than a century of experience and trust.
- Removes material flawlessly at the same time leaving you a smooth surface.
- The chipset prevents any material from falling off on you and clearly diverts them on either side.
- The blades are durable and work perfectly even after months of continuous usage.
- Clearly labelled marks.
- The knives are protected from damage through the intelligently designed nifty range that hangs off the rear of the table.
- Very portable and easy to fit on a work table.
- Comes with a guideline book with instructions for new users.
- The customer service is very good. Easily reachable and the executive sometimes are able to give quick tips to small issues you face.
- Comes with an attached cable that’s long, which is not bad.
- Although the maintenance cost is not so high, a regular check and blade changes from time to time would require shedding off some bucks.
- You’ll probably have to angle it yourself as the tool does not have an adjustable angle for the guide.
- Creates a bit of a noise when used at full power which sometimes can be irritating.
- The wheel’s top pops off frequently while using. Can get annoying after a couple of usages.
- Does not have a case or a dust collector. So, you’ll need a separate vac that collects all the dust at one place or all the material would scatter around your table.
- Only a year of warranty on the tool is not very comforting. Machines with such power start to wear off after more than a year.
- The price is high and an alarming factor for other tools with similar specs come at way less price.
- Some Makita KP0810 reviews complain about heating issues with the device after a few months of application.
Selecting a planer can never be taken o so lightly. If you need a complete woodworking experience with precision and complimentary cuts a tool like Makita KP0810 should be your go-to option. It cuts beautiful straight woods with little manual efforts. Just turn it on and let it do its work. Sure, we can not compare it with the automatic ones but again, this can be the best option in the hand planer segment.
Remember to check the details of the warrant when buying this tool. Keep the warrant papers safe for at least a year before you lose it. Post-purchase, use it more frequently to look for minor or major issues that can later be a big problem. If you find something to reach out to Makita and ask for a replacement or refund. Always remember to wear protective gear and safeguard yourself from any physical damage from the tool.
This was an in-depth review of the Best Makita Electric Hand Planer, at least I believe that. You can learn more about this tool on Amazon.com. I would also recommend Amazon.com to ones planning to buy these tools as the seller’s I found there are genuine and trustworthy. Still got a question? Leave a comment down below and we will answer.